There are two avenues for grant support for research and innovation. The primary one is the MIRI-Grants program. The Mackay Hospital Foundation also provides grants for research and innovation initiatives. In addition, there are a range of external grant opportunities available.
MIRI Grants Program is to promote and support health related research and innovation relevant to practice and policy in Australian regional healthcare delivery across the Mackay region.
The MIRI-Grants Committee invites applicants to present proposals for research in practice and policy and issues relevant in regional health. MIRI–Grants aims to support the development of research and innovation capacity and capability locally, by allocating funding to staff members of MHHS to develop and conduct research and innovation initiatives.
MIRI Grants are managed online and hosted by our partner JCU. You a required to create a login to submit an application. For further information visit MIRI Grants.
Mackay Hospital Foundation
The Mackay Hospital Foundation (Foundation) is a health promotion charity which supports the pursuit of excellence in service and people’s health outcomes in the Mackay Hospital and Health Service (MHHS). The Foundation supports the Mackay Base Hospital and all other hospitals and health services within the MHHS. The objective of the Foundation’s grant program is to allocate funding for medical or other equipment, research or education and training, which will support the pursuit of excellence in service and people’s health outcomes.
Additional funding sources available
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- ANZ Society of Nephrology
- ANZ Trustees
- Australian Research Council
- Australian Respiratory Council
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
- European Union Sixth Framework Programme
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia
- Haemophilia Foundation
- Heart Foundation
- James Cook University Scholarships
- Kidney Health Australia
- Leukaemia Foundation
- Menzies Foundation
- Motor Neurone Disease Research Institute of Australia Inc
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Australia
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation
- National Stroke Research Foundation
- Neuro Science Research Grants (Pfizer)
- Nutrition Society of Australia
- Ophthalmic Research institute
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- Queensland Cancer Fund
- Queensland Health Health Practitioner Research Scheme
- Rebecca L Cooper Medical Research Foundation
- Retina Australia
- Study and Research Assistance Scheme (SARAS)
- The Wellcome Trust
- University of Queensland Scholarships
- Winston Churchill Memorial Trust