MIRI aims to build the capacity of all staff within the Mackay Hospital and Health Service and provides practical assistance and advice on all aspects of the research process. We provide training and resources for all levels of research experience. You are welcome to contact us at any time at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will direct your query to the appropriate person. Alternatively browse the resource section to find what you need.
MIRI has a research support program with designated support pathways, academic supervision, access to statistical and methodological support.
MIRI will assist in:
- Identifying suitable external grants
- Assistance in applying for external grants
- Assistance with applying for MIRI grants
- Identification of suitable supervisors
- Assistance with writing up a protocol
- Methodological support (suitable research design)
- Methodological support (sample size calculation and statistical methods)
- Navigation through ethics process
- Assistance with ethics application
- Navigation through SSA process
- Assistance with SSA application
The Library forms an integral part of MIRI, providing timely and efficient access to information for all health service staff.
The services available include:
- Literature search training
- Literature search support
- Critical appraisal training
- Accessing the Clinical Knowledge Network (CKN)
- Evidence Based Practice training
- Document delivery
- Research methodology/ research design
- Computer access
Libraries are providing more information online and many resources are available via the CKN.
We recommend that you register to ensure you have full access to all resources both in the workplace and remotely.
QH and QAS Staff, please contact email@example.com for assistance if you do not have a login.